Wow, can you believe it is the middle of February already?
Goodness, 2009 is not letting up, huh? LOL!
We are having a nice, laid back long weekend.
Matthew was out of school Friday & he has Monday off also - so a 4 day weekend. Fun.
It actually was just what the doctor ordered ....for all of us. We had a nice family outing on Friday, followed by a nice relaxing "home" day Saturday, followed by a laid back day today (except for the Daytona 500...which is NOT a laid back spectator sport in this house!). Tonight is my night off from cooking so we'll get take-out. Tomorrow is like a bonus! I thought about taking the boys to the State Fair but changed my mind...better to go to a park & then have some down time here so we can start the short week off in a rested frame of mind.
Nothing else too exciting happening here. My neice may be moving here from Maryland...it is still too soon to say. She is coming down next month for a long weekend to talk it out & look into teaching jobs. I have her meeting with a friend of mine & her principal just to pick their brains. My neice teachers 3rd grade & is just over living in a very tiny town & thinks she would like a change. But it is not an easy time for teachers from out of state to get a job here so she needs to decide is she'd want to give up her job & just come down and do something else until she could get into the Hillsborough Co. system. The one thing on her side is she's not tied down to where she lives - not married, no children, doesn't own a home, not in debt....she's a relatively free person but she's very overly responsible so I can imagine the idea of just giving up a job to go out on a limb down here may be hard for her to do.
I personally think her moving here would be a good thing - well, I'd love to have her closer of course but testing the waters & ones own safety zone can be a great growth experience, especially if she has the security of a family member in the area. I grew up in a very small town like she lives in - there is good & bad...I moved when I was 13 but I can imagine that if I was a teen & young adult there and everyone knew everything about me plus everything about anyone I dated plus no one new ever moved there....well, it would probably wear on me too. Well, we'll see what develops. I am trying to remember this isn't about me & just be supportive & let her decide. That is the whole reason she wants to come here anyway - to be more of her own person. The last thing she needs is an overly involved aunt! LOL!
Patrick is still struggling with his cold - congested, coughing, runny nose, uncomfortable but nothing that needs medical intervention. We are doing the old "humidifier-saline spray-vapor rub-vapor tub" treatment and trying to let it run its course.
Matthew is very emotionally charged right now about the race - I can hear his jumping up & down and excitedness about what is happening. He is so glad race season is back!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment