Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rollin' With It.....

Well we were back to school yesterday - one day earlier than the public school around here - but we are rollin' with it. Matthew got up surprisingly easily yesterday and today. He really started to miss school & his friends. We are back to our routine & I have to say (I hate to say in some ways) I love it. I feel like I'm in my zone. I am a routine kind of gal...Matthew is a routine kind of boy too...just like Momma.


Well the New Year has been good so far. Patrick seemed to recover nicely from Scarlet Fever, though he is still on antibiotics for another 5 days. We had a pit stop from the Grands as they passed through on their way from NJ to Ft Myers Beach, which are their winter stomping grounds. They passed out another round of presents since they did not see the boys on Christmas or Matthew's birthday. I am hugging myself right now that I had a major purge of toys & kid's "stuff" at Thanksgiving...if not, we'd be overrun with stuff now!


I fell back into my Coordinator volunteer position at Matthew's school. Today was our school's Open House & Open Admissions so a friend watched Patrick so I could coordinate the set up, etc. and greet new families. They we broke the whole set up down & moved the refreshments, applications, etc. to another office in the school while the families were getting tours led by 8th graders and I headed home.


I got a lot of spring cleaning done - yes, I know it's January but after all the Christmas decorations, well I need to do some deep cleaning. Dust bunnies and various "things" seem to make their way all over my house and I need it cleaned.
So now things are back in order, cleaned and I can get on with 2009!

No comments: