Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, Scarlet....

No, this is not addressed to my friend, Scarlett (anyway she uses 2 "t"s)!


This Happy New Year goes out to our new houseguest....Scarlet Fever!



Didn't you think that was a disease they had back in "Little House on the Prairie" times? Well they probably did. But it is here & now too. Oh, by the way, it is really just Strep Throat with a side of bright red skin rash. But they change the name when you get the rash. Matthew had strep 2 weeks ago - it was regular old strep, not this fancy variety & it was our household's first ever experience with it. Someone at school just happened to mention to me that strep can develope a skin rash & thus, become Scarlet Fever. I am thankful that nugget stuck with me when I saw the rash on the back of Patrick's neck yesterday I called to make an appt for a strep test. Yup, it was positive & thus he has Scarlet Fever.

What was that Melodie was just saying about "the way you spend New Year's Day is how you will spend the whole year"??? Oh great. Thanks, Mel. Hey, at least we won't be contagious by mid-morning on New Year's!

Oh & Happy New Year to all my friends - I hope 2009 holds all the promise, success & happiness you want it to.....oh & lots and lots of HEALTH too!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Not the best way to start off a new year! I hope Patrick feels better and everyone else stays healthy! Happy New Year!

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

Things can only get better from here. Hoping for a speedy recovery!