Monday, December 29, 2008

The Call Of Nature....

I just couldn't help but post this...it caught me as funny.



So here we have the beautiful call of nature...birds tweeting, water running off the falls, breeze in the air. Aahhhh.









Oh, what's that? The "other" Call of Nature? The, ahem, gotta go-gotta go-go-go type?? Oh we can accommodate that! Here you go!






Didn't get a good enough look?

Here you go! Yes, that is indeed a toilet AND a jackhammer sitting next to my lovely pond! Why, thank you! We are proud of it too. If nature calls...well, why not enjoy looking at nature too!





This is actually not a permanent display - LOL. This is what the boys & I came home to after the movies. We stayed out of the house while the jackhammering was going on. As Don ran out to Lowe's/Home Depot about 30 minutes ago he said "please resist the urge to use it!". Isn't he funny? We are doing a little remodel on the pool bath - it became a "while I'm at it" decision. Since Don is Uber-Handy & well, work is quiet as a mouse, let's take advantage of this time to do the work we had already planned on! We already have had the vessel sink & bronze wall mounted faucet for a long time - so that is going in on a floating granite base (no cabinets since it's just a pool bath) & that will open it up a lot. Don already pulled out the full length window & put in a smaller high window so we can leave it unadorned - I love open windows in the bath as long as privacy isn't an issue! Don accidentally broke some of the shower wall tile when he was repairing it & it is discontinued soooo we are going to get new tile for the whole shower enclosure and while we are at it, we are putting in glass doors. Yippee! I have wanted to do that for a while & I'm super psyched. They can't be completely frameless but will be as close as possible. That bath is going to look huge! Now I have to decide if I want to keep it the terra cotta color (it will need to be repainted regardless) or change the color. Thoughts????

2 comments:

Life Is Wilson said...

You have a toilet decorating your pond and I have two hanging kayaks now decorating my carport. That is my new parking spot! Next to the kayaks. He spent half of the day in Lowes and the other half trying to figure out how to hang them. LOL. men...

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

I guess Don doesn't want to skip a beat while building the pond, which is by the way amazing. What a labor of love. It's going to be fantastic. I'm glad to be back. I was a way for too long. have a great new Year.