Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Week Of 2008!

Can you believe it is the LAST week of 2008??


In some ways I am glad to have 2008 behind me...but as always, it is bittersweet. 2008 held some priceless memories....the first day of Kindergarten, the strengthening of relationships, family celebrations, milestones. But whether I like it or not, it is going & I have to go with the flow vs. fighting it.


We are relaxing at home & around town this last week of 2008...which also is the last week of Christmas vacation. Gran & Gramps will be here Friday or Saturday to begin their "winter" in Ft Myers Beach and we'll be heading down to visit them the long weekend that precedes MLK Day.


We kicked things off with a trip to the movies today. It is a shame that when I really want to take my kids to the movies, there is not much worthwhile to see! I remember the theatres being filled with great Disney movies when I was a kid but I do realize the times are a-changin'. So it was between "Desperoux", "Bolt" & "Madagasgar 20" (or whatever # it is.) Much to my chagrin, we went to see "Madagascar". I am probably a fuddy-duddy compared to many people but I am really funny about what my boys watch. Anyway, they have never seen the previous Madagascar movies - I had an "idea" of what was in them and I was fairly accurate. But I figured one time wouldn't permanently scar them & we made it through the occasional somewhat crude reference and found the funny parts funny and still had a good time of it. To balance out the movie, I took the boys to the Hit The Trails store so Mommy could get fitted for a new pair of running shoes. I feel better now :)


The rest of the time we will hang out, play, continue to clean & re-organize post holiday and gear up for January! Oh & maybe, just maybe I will have a day to sleep in!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Good luck getting to sleep in. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while, so I'm hoping to sleep hard tonight and late in the morning.

Life Is Wilson said...

You have a toilet decorating your pond and I have two hanging kayaks now decorating my carport. That is my new parking spot! Next to the kayaks. He spent half of the day in Lowes and the other half trying to figure out how to hang them. LOL. men...