Here is #4 in my "Week In Review"....if you have only just seen this one, scroll down...there are 3 other posts from today! I am in blogger overdrive and getting it all in at once!
So the last thing to review is that my sweet-faced little "big" boy turned 6 years old yesterday! Wow, 6! I can't believe it. It has been a whirlwind...especially since his little brother came along. The last 3 years seem like a blur. He was "just" starting preschool for the first time & that was over 2 years ago. Where did the time go?
Well we had a wonderful day celebrating. As it is written (where? I dunno, but I know it's written somewhere - LOL), the birthday boy (or girl) gets to choose all their meals. So chocolate chip & blueberry pancakes were made special order by me. Then we send him on the usual scavenger hunt for his presents. He loves that part...almost as much as the presents themselves!
He got more knights for his castle & pirates. Books...this boy is a bookworm. A new sturdier pirate ship. A space shuttle with a whole intergalactic interchangable set. A monster truck. And the big thing....Spike the Ultra Dinosaur. "Spike" is a giant remote control dinosaur that walks, roars, sniff, burps, fetches a bone and lights up. More than any boy could want. This is our first real venture into the remote control world. He had a remote control train, yes, and he did get a remote control helicopter from his God Father for Christmas (although Daddy is certain the gift tags got switched & it was supposed to be for him! LOL). But "Spike" is something else.
Then we headed out for some fun & surprise. We took him to the Ace Golf on Boyette for a family round of mini-golf. Then home to relax & play. Then out for dinner - his choice? Cheesecake Factory! What a choice! So we had a great dinner & our waiter even arranged for the staff to sing to him despite that fact we didn't get dessert there! We had a race car cake at home waiting. My cake didn't come out quite as I had wanted...but Matthew loved it & that's all I needed anyway. It did taste wonderful despite how it looked!
Matthew opened his presents from the extended family later & made out like a bandit. Along with more books, he got Legos, a microscope, craft kits, atlas dvd/cd-rom, a real watch & pjs. It is a good life to be 6!
4 comments:
I thought the cake looked great! Maybe you can do a racecar cake for me too!! LOL!
Well thanks...the car on top was supposed to be blue on the exterior but it looked more green. The exterior was a brilliant blue though. It was a white & blue checkerboard cake under the choc icing. We used gummi lifesaver tired & chocolate licorice for the stand for the car. Not how I hoped it would turn out but oh well! LOL
Nice cake, Mama! What a happy boy!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment