Saturday, January 31, 2009

One Down.....Eleven To Go...

Well bye-bye, see ya' January...it's been fun but clearly I am over you and your winter weather.


Tomorrow we say "Hello!" to February....bring it on, Feb....let's see some sparklingly glorious weather.


So we are 1/3 of the way through the first quarter of 2009....is that a lot of fractions or what? It appears this year will go just as quickly as the past few have! I am restaking my claim on organization, health, fitness & overall calm. I am saying that with a very "zen" exhale. January may have gotten away from me a little but I am back on board with my desire to whip this house back into shape (& me along with it!).


So far this year in the kiddos lives: Matthew had a kick-booty birthday party with his school classmates celebrating him turning 6. Soccer season is almost halfway over & the Hornets are undefeated. I must say, to not just Matthew but his whole team, I am pretty darn impressed at the kids on his team....they have shown incredible ability to work together, congratulate each other, allow each other to shine. Way to go. Patrick resumed the Speech Therapy program @ the University of South Florida and we are breaking in a new graduate student clinician (LOL!) or should I say "Patrick is breaking her in". We had an awesome Catholic Schools Week this past week and enjoyed lots of fun activities. Friday was the 100th Day of School & I thoroughly enjoyed being there!


As far as me: well, I am very happy to report Don finished (90%) the total bathroom remodel of our extra bathroom. It looks BEAUTIFUL & you will just have to drop by to experience the whole thing. We are having a custom glass shower door made & that is going to take a few more weeks so I am living with the "old" shower curtain for now. I have to say I feel like it is an insult to the bathroom but we'll survive - LOL. I will get pics up soon to show Don's swanky work!

No comments: