Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mid-December Blur...

It has begun.


The mid-December blur.


Everything is becoming a blur.


There is so much activity - school activities, parties, church events, visitors in town, phone calls ring-a-lingin', packages arrivin'.


Not to mention the seasonal things we like to do - walk in the neighborhoods at night & see the Christmas lights, the "Walk-Thru-Bethlehem", bring goodies to our neighbors, help stuff holiday bags for the homeless, crafts.


I am trying to capture those precious little moments that happen. The traditions. The new & exciting. The fleeting.


I know by January I always have a slight sense of disappointment that it is over for another year. It is such a flurry of excitement & activity and I try my best to just let us "be" and enjoy the meaning of Christmas. But try as I might, the world is intent on making this a "busy" time vs. a quiet, reflective time and I have to fight to get our family that quiet time. It is, afterall, advent and a time to prepare oneself for the celebration of Christ's birth.


Wish me luck! LOL!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Good luck with it all!