Well October is all wrapped up & put back on the shelf until next year. Wow, only a few 2 months left to round out the year! Despite enjoying it, I am more than ready to put all those October activites up on the shelf too. I was ready for Halloween to be done - bye-bye over-abundance of candy, bye-bye to every motion sensor-horror movie wannabe decoration in the stores, bye-bye to gross candy (like road kill gummies & little packs of juice filled blood bags). I'm even ready for pumpkins ALMOST to be gone....ALMOST, not quite yet. But October is a busy month for us - we are preparing for Novemberfest at school, we have Fall Festivals in October, lotsa parties to attend & transitioning into fall decor.
So to recap this week - we made 82 little pumpkin shaped goody bags for not just Matthew's class...but all the Kindergartens & teachers & teacher asst.s That's a whole other story. But they were cute little goody bags that I lifted off a decorating website & re-worked to meet our needs. Orange tulle & green pipe cleaners filled w/ goodies.
Patrick had his Halloween party at speech therapy at USF which was too cute. There are only 3 other 2-3 year olds with him and they are all boys. So the 4 boys & their crew of graduate speech therapists went trick or treating to all the professors on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th floor of the College of Communication Sciences building. Some grad students were willing to help out & pass out goodies too (if they were hanging out, then they certainly needed something to do!).
Halloween itself was a busy day but SO fun. I volunteered to watch toddlers at Matthew's school while their Moms went to volunteer in the classrooms for their school aged children's Fall Festival. So the toddlers (including Patrick) & I made some fun Halloween/Fall crafts and played. Then after we picked up Matthew from school we carved our family pumpkin - it has been waiting for this! Matthew sketched out a spooky face & away we went. It looks great! Especially with all those little black pumpkin-bats I made a few weeks ago! Then we had a light dinner & got ready for the BIG event! Matthew was a suave swashbuckling pirate - he even had a parrot on his hat. Patrick was Elmo - BUT at 4:00 Friday he decided he wanted Elmo to also be a pirate. We didn't create a whole ensemble but Patrick AKA Elmo did wear a pirate hat & carry a sword. This could be perceived in several ways so we needed to explain a little periodically to puzzled homeowners. Elmo (AKA Patrick) didn't make it past 8:00 and Daddy went home with him while I hit a few more houses w/ Matthew. Oh I forgot to mention that after we did our family trick or treating we had to make the annual stop at our neighbor's front yard Halloween party - complete w/ DJ this year. Of course the boys kept complaining that the DJ music "hurt their ears" and therefore we cut that short. Don & I also laid some embarrassment on Matthew as we boogied to Rick James & some other hopping 70's/80's music!
I promise pictures to come!!!!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, you are keeping busy at least...
Will you be at the Novemberfest on the 15th? Elizabeth is dancing around 6:00. This will be our first year going, the first year I think Jillian will enjoy and listen better to us...LOL!
If that is the Saturday, which I believe it is, we won't be there. We generally don't go on weekends b/c Nativity offers "family days" on Wed & Fri that week - they get out of school at noon on those days & Novemberfest is open only to Nativity families w/ school armbands on those days from 12-4. So we try to keep to the less crowded days. Plus this year my sister & his husband will be visiting us that weekend so we'll be visiting w/them. I am sorry to miss Elizabeth though! I was hoping maybe she was performing during the week!
I can't wait until you get your computer fixed so I can get my fix of cute pirate (furry or not) pics.
Hi Andrea...It so sad but I wouldn't know what to do without the computer if I lost it. I think I would have a meltdown. Hopefully, it's resolved soon! The posts have been great. It's nice having to form your own image.
Post a Comment