Yes, you have come to the right blog...it is I and yes, this is a new & current post. What ARE the chances?
Not to bore you but my pc is still in Never-Never Land (that's never, never get another one with Vista!). But I am plugging along on my ancient laptop that is finally "somewhat" cooperating. I might as well be on dial-up though sometimes...this is one S-L-O-W machine.
It seems that I lost the whole month of November nearly due to this pc crash-thing. I haven't posted in about 3-1/2 weeks!
Well, November went along in a blur....like so many other months since school has started. We have been busy little bees in the household. Matthew received his first report card for Kindergarten last week - top notch grades! We are SO proud of him! This very short week has ended for school but yesterday the Kindergarteners held a Pow-wow and were all dressed as little Native Americans. Today it was a switch and they were all Pilgrams for a big Thanksgiving Feast. I was so happy to be able to attend both and see those cute little faces!
Patrick finished the fall semester at USF for the Preschool Speech Clinic and he did very well - accomplished the majority of his goals. We will be going back for the next semester, which starts in mid-January and hope to wrap up the rest of those goals. He is doing well - it is sometimes hard to tell because he doesn't say much of anything out in public or around people other than family but he has quite a large vocabulary and in perfect "little brother" style - he says everything BIG brother says. Sometimes that's cute...sometimes not so cute! LOL!
Don got all the Christmas boxes down from the attic yesterday and we are ready, in a holding pattern, to put up the decorations as soon as Thanksgiving is over. If you don't know it, I'm a "day-after-Thanksgiving" decorator. I know some people frown on that but since I have one child with a birthday two days after Christmas I want everything down so he can have his own birthday. Anyway, my hubby has suprised me with a willingness to help with decorating this year. That's a big deal in our house because this would be the first time in....ummmm, at least 8 or 9 years that he has been interested. It may be connected to our recent economic struggle - wink, wink. Nothing like Christmas decorations to cheer you up!
So yes, business is rough for us. Being self-employed can be scary and the current recession (yes, I am officially calling it one despite what the news says) is why. We have not had any real income in about 3 months and that cushion savings we have...well that's all we have. That God for that. But it ain't gonna last forever. Keep us in your prayers that business comes our way, please! Come on, new administration & stimulate this economy!
Besides all that - we are doing well. We are taking this time to spend more together family time & are SO, SO, SO thankful for how blessed we are. This Thanksgiving we are more appreciative than ever I think...we have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving All!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've missed your blogging. Glad to see you're back! Happy Thanksgiving to your family!
I hope things start to improve for your business. You are so right, it is a struggle for so many. The pinch are hitting so many different people, different economic status's, not shying away from different backgrounds. Its a scary thing. Jeremiah just left for Texas on Sunday to help rebuild Galveston, where the work is far pass booming. If that work was here, so many people would be in excellent shape.
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your decorating with your addtional help this year. This should be extra fun, as long as he follows where you want things to go..Sometimes our men have their own agenda...LOL!
So glad to "see" you!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
It was so nice seeing you and Patrick this morning, even if it was cut short.
I hope everything turns around quickly for Don and his business. I'm sure that God will take care of you all since you do so much on his behalf.
God is definitely on all our sides. Not to worry he will provide all with what we need and with room with some extras. Have faith!
Glad to see you're back...and Noel, too!
Post a Comment