Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cool Weather & Breaking In Halloween Costumes...

Yep, I'm still WC (without computer)... I was able to grab hubby's laptop when he came home & steal a few minutes to catch up. No forward motion on the Vista front - grrrrr...don't let me go there.


So, cool weather. Can I tell you HOW much I love this?? I do. I really, really, really do. I have been living the high life - jackets, boots, long sleeves, corduroy.....I have been waiting for this! Fall is my favorite & always has been and I get giddy at the first fall-like weather in Florida! Where I grew up we would have been L-O-N-G into fall-feeling weather by now so I have great childhood memories of this time. Gathering leaves & jumping into the piles. Collecting acorns & chestnuts from the trees that lined our street. Apple cider from the orchard. The colors of the leaves and the smell of burning leaves (since that is what people did in the country - burned their leaves in a big barrel). The smell of fireplaces going.

We broke in our Halloween costumes last night. Our church does a nice kid's event - All Saint's Boo Bash - and that was last night. They have great games & crafts for the kids ...so cute. The boys were happy to have their costumes on and stay up a little late (even though it was a school night!). Matthew was a very suave pirate & Patrick was a cute little Elmo. I will post pics next time - I have to find out if hubby's laptop has any photo software on it first!

We have 3 more opportunities to wear the costumes (well, Patrick has 3 at least). Patrick has a dress up Halloween party at USF with the whole Speech Therapy dept & they'll be trick or treating 3 floors of professor's offices! Then there is Halloween itself and our neighbor's outdoor party following trick or treating. Then one of Matthew's classmates is having a costume party on Saturday - I know it's All Saints Day (for those Catholics out there) & a little odd to have a party then but we are going for it!

I will update soon!

No comments: