Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lost In Translation...

The boys have been so funny lately - Matthew has been very intent on correcting Patrick when he uses the wrong word. Patrick has been so verbal lately and has really developed a sense of humor...he'll suddenly burst out in laughter about things. And I LOVE his misuse of pronouns especially!

So tonight we had turkey tacos for dinner...here was the conversation.

Patrick: Me want a big chip

Matthew: Oh Patrick, you are SO silly. Those are not chips, they are taco shells!

Patrick: Ummmmm. You wrong, brudder (that is what Patrick calls Matthew)...them is NOT sea shells! Ha, ha, ha, ha. You silly....sea shells? Oh brudder...you wrong.

Matthew: That's not very nice to laugh at someone, Patrick. And YOU are wrong..I didn't say they were SEA shells...I said TACO shells! Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Patrick: You naughty, brudder...don't laugh...them NOT sea shells.

Matthew: Hmph! Well, I'm a lobster and I took your sea shell then!

Patrick: (crying)Mommy...them lobster...him took me sea shell!!!!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

I wish I'd been there for that! I was LOL so hard at that conversation!

Heather said...

LOL! That's great! Don't you wish we had running video everywhere we went????

Holly said...

LOL, how cute!

Karen said...

That's funny!!! Mathew's line at the end about the lobster is something Shawn would say, lol.