Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Relaxation...

Today we had some Labor Day relaxation. Ahhhhh.

I slept in to the ripe old hour of 6:45 - woohoo! ha ha!

I slipped out solo to get my Starbuck's fix.

I came home and got my two happy children out of bed to a leisurely morning.

We had a nice breakfast together and Daddy played with the boys while I did some cleaning up, made beds, unloaded/loaded the dishwasher.

Our friends came over around 11:00 and we swam, talked, relaxed and grilled lunch. It was so nice to enjoy a relaxing afternoon! Their boys are a bit older than mine and Matthew just ate it up - he loved playing with the "big" boys and I can assure you, they will sleep well tonight. Those boys ALL got their energy out. Poor Matthew's eyes are so red because he keeps them open underwater and he was in the pool for at least 4.5 hours!

What a nice way to wrap up the weekend!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun day! And I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

Melodie said...

Sounds like a nice day for everyone. Definitely better than my day of laundry, though I do enjoy it.