Yes, Mommy is back! Back from the land of sickness!
And thank goodness, Mommy is back. Don't get me wrong, hubby stepped right up and took over when I was in the heat of battle with Mr. Roto-Virus (which is pretty much what I believe it was), BUT...Daddy sure ain't Mommy. That's a good thing too. Daddy needs to be Daddy and Mommy needs to be Mommy. We are both necessary.
But, my house is a disaster. My kitchen looks like America's Top Chef had a competition in there...with every single dish & pan. We were out of milk...even though said Daddy was supposedly going to the store yesterday after lunch (never got around to it). The guinea pig cage is seriously stinky because Daddy "didn't know how to change it" ...hmmmm. Thank goodness I had roasted 2 whole chickens Friday afternoon before I got sick because that is what they ate for dinner both nights (& lunch yesterday too!).
Now I can say, my children were supervised, fed, loved...that is the most important thing. They were taken care of & safe. But they were not bathed/showered (& they are sweaty little buggers during the day!), I HOPE their teeth were brushed! I know they survived having beds unmade & the wrong color lid on Patrick's sippy cup and being dirty for one night! But it is good to be back.
Today we went to mass, out to breakfast, then I went to Publix. I ran a few quick errands I had to do. I got everyone to MOSI for some family time. I cooked dinner. Now tonight I battle the dirty house & that guinea pig cage! Laundry is next on the list. See hubby invited friends over tomorrow at 11:00 and since he didn't get to the cleaning part of the duties, they are very very needed!
But I have to admit...it's good to be needed!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling better....
Sorry you have so much work to catch up on, but I'm glad you are feeling well enough to take care of it all.
Post a Comment