Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wrapping Up The Week..

We are wrapping up the week - heathly...happy...busy. I am thankful for each of those. We are also thankful for our long Labor Day holiday weekend & for Don to be taking Monday off to be with his family! Woohoo! That is a special treat for us.

I have a long meeting/project at Matthew's school tomorrow morning which involves speaking to the new families about their interest in being a Homeroom Parent. Then the team & I will be selecting the Homeroom Parents for each class and putting together folder/binders for each of the 24 Homeroom Parents. Patrick will need to be the angel that I know he can be, since he'll be in tow!

Speaking of Patrick - that child deserves an extra-special smoochie kiss, he has been so patient, cooperative, easy-going this week. I have had three Physical Therapy appointments, each 1 hour long, this week and he has sat patiently at my side keeping himself busy in this small therapy clinic. Plus he has gone to 2 doctor's appts with me & umpteen errands. He's a trooper!

Matthew is adjusting to kindergarten as well as I knew he would. He has loved it from day #1 - no worries there...it was the long days that I knew would be an adjustment for him. He is getting there. He seems a little less tired and he sure is falling asleep easily at night! He has a lot of steam to blow off after school and sometimes that leads him down the wrong path (i.e., too bouncy-bouncy for indoor play & too rough with little brother) but we are working on that.

I am considering joining the YMCA so that we would have the option of using the indoor kid's play area after school to properly channel this energy. We'd play outside but it is miserably hot in Florida in August/September and it is just a bit much on us. I am weighing out whether the YMCA membership would be worth it just for the indoor play area, the spray park, maybe an occasional kid's class. I already have a gym membership that is paid in full for another 18months...so I don't need that. Matthew is signed up to play soccer through BAYSL this time so we won't be doing that through the Y. I am on the fence. If anyone has any feedback on the YMCA, I'm all ears!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Glad everyone is happy and healthy! And kuddos to Matthew for adjusting to school so well and to Patrick for being such an easy-going little guy! So impressive!

Melodie said...

Maybe you could have Matthew run laps in the back yard as soon as you get him home from school to burn off some of that excess energy he has saved up from the school day. I know of several afterschool programs that do that because the kids are just CRAZY when they first get out of school.

Working Mama said...

Well it is the being outside thing we are trying to avoid...laps will be fine when it is not 95+ out!

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

Hi Andrea, I totally recommend the YMCA. We've been members for a total of six years between here and CT. A family membership is the way to go. The kids have a wealth of programs to join, the pool, and if you are close to the one in Northdale, there's a huge waterpark. My kids and I love it. When I drop of Cory at school, me and the girls pop over and have a wonderful morning. Just take a tour with the kids and see how you like it. That's the best way to make the decision. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, I love the Y. We've been members for a few years now, and they are just a great facility. The Campo Y just finished the kids water area and it is great!

Holly said...

Join the Campo Y!
They have so much for kids to do there. They even have a rock climbing wall!
I interviewed for a job in their childcare center this morning. It went well, so hopefully if you join you will see me there.

Working Mama said...

Thanks everyone!! I guess we'll be at the Y soon!