Friday, August 8, 2008

Upcoming...

**Please excuse any babbling goo that streams from me tonight. I seem to be having one of those weird train of thoughts nights...consider yourself warned!

I have apparently subconsciously chosen to tackle my "baby-is-going-off-to-school" anxiety by filling up my schedule so I don't have time to freak out. Pretty good plan for me. That seems to work... as long as I don't get all twisty & anal about being so busy. That sometimes happens. I'm apparently a more high maintenance creature than I like to believe I am.

But at this point I have started to fill the next week & a half with stuff...outings. So far I have:

a couple of birthday parties
swimming lessons
karate
a back-to-school party
getting portraits of the boys done
a trip to the mall for misc. shopping (none of it school related)
picking up the re-done blue & yellows from our pedi
getting some forms notarized (which requires coordinating dh & I to be there at same time...yeah, right)
a trip to IKEA
podiatrist follow up
a breakfast meeting with the lady whose volunteer position I am taking over at school
our regular occupational therapy appts
2 lunch dates
a celebratory trip to Build-A-Bear
shopping for a big boy bed for Patrick
a scrapbooking commitment (please just "commit" ME at this point!)
printing out a whole bunch of photos b/c I "promised" people

...and that's just for the next 6 days.

Now the ironic part is that tonight I have nothing to do. Did you hear me? Nothing to do. Well, let's correct that. I have a Super Gazillion things to do. But. Nothing pressing. The boys have been in bed for 2 hours. DH is working on the pond (don't even ask). You might as well shoot me if I have to watch the Olympics. Sorry to you Olympics fans...I don't mind women's gymnastics or figure skating but I am just not a fan of most televised sports. Live & in person is a whole other thing. But on t.v. With an play by play. With an announcer. Just shoot me now. So NOTHING on t.v. NOTHING on Pay Per View. NOTHING on Tivo. I don't feel up to starting a new book. I have no magazines to catch up on. Laundry is caught up. Sure, I could start a new project or organize something. But...I am apparently a slug tonight in preparation for the busy days ahead. So I will either shop online or lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. Catch up on sleep??? Hey there is a novel idea. Let's try that!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Be glad you didn't watch the Olympics. I got stuck watching it with Phil. I'll never get that 4.5 hours back now. I should have gone to sleep when I had the chance.

Debbie said...

I am with you...I love the gymnastics, mostly, the floor exercises but I watch other other ones too, and some of the swimming and diving. Growing up, we ALWAYS watched the Olympics, everyday for 2 weeks...I cannot do that or even have the time and patience...Like Melodie said, the open ceremony 4 plus hours...No way.

This time of year is HORRIBLE with TV. Between repeats and no new shows...Horrible!!! This is when I turn to Lifetime Movies...LOL!

Melodie said...

That's funny, Debbie! I've been watching LOTS of Lifetime movies lately, too.