Saturday, August 9, 2008
Disappointing!
Well in my bored state last night (gee, when is the last time I said I was "bored"??? must be mis-using that word!) I watched "The Other Boleyn Girl". How disappointing! Oh my! I LOVED, LOVED the novel. I realize they were trying to hit the....let's just call them "high points" in the story and a film has a limited time vs. a novel. But OH...so much of the fiber was gone. All the intrigue & background. What a disappointment! I always forget - if you love the book, DON'T watch the movie!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean. I almost think they should have made it into more than one movie like they did with Star Wars and Lord of the Ring. I kept stopping the movie and filling Don in with the missing information (whether he wanted me to or not, lol).
I'm with you on that one Andrea! I just watched it last week, and could not WAIT for it to be over with. I did not like the movie at all.
I always make my girls read the book before they can see a movie, but only to encourage them to read more. For myself, I have to watch the movie first or I'll hate it.
Imagine my surprise when I read Gone with the Wind and found out that Scarlett had had children with each of her first two husbands!
Post a Comment