Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sickie #3...

Sickie #3. Yes, Matthew. Well, I won't go as far as calling him "sick" but he sure had something going on. I went to wake him up for school at 6:30 and as I walked into his room - even though it was dark - I saw something on the carpet. I turned on the light just a little (we have dimmers) and could clearly see a small (maybe 3" in diameter) circle of vomit on the carpet! The odd this was - first, it was this small circle of vomit...if you are standing up and throw up it usually "sprays" a little or would have it in several spots (I know I watch WAY too much CSI! I swear I didn't spray it with Luminol to check for blood! LOL). Then the other odd thing was that it was about 2.5 feet from his bed. Did he wake up, crawl across the floor and vomit a 1/2 cp size and then get back in bed? The poor guy - he didn't remember anything when I woke him up but there was a tiny tablespoon-sized amount of vomit in his bed so I know it WAS indeed him. He did not want to stay home - he didn't want to miss school. He was clearly a little out of it - not much appetite and a little tired but no fever and acting fine so I went against my better judgement and let him to go school. We'll see how he is when I pick him up! No calls so that means he was well enough to make it through the whole day!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hope he is feeling better when you get him...As you know, during the day everyone seems to perk up...Hopefully a night of good rest he'll be back to himself...

Melodie said...

Maybe he just got a less severe case of what Patrick and Don had. I hope he feels better.