Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I Just Became Mommy...
Those who know me are puzzled...no, there was not some miracle that led me to have another child. LOL! But this week I became "Mommy". More specifically Patrick stopped calling me "Mama" and started calling me "Mommy". It was so subtle that I didn't quite notice it at first. Matthew pointed it out to me (I think it is adorable that HE noticed the difference in what his baby brother calls me) and there is was...smack in my face. Patrick is becoming a big boy too. I had to stop & think...Matthew was exactly the age Patrick is now when I found out I was pregnant with Patrick. Matthew seemed more grown up. I guess that's just how you view the first born. But Patrick is doing all the same things Matthew did at that age...any more most likely since he has a big brother to observe. Patrick still seems like such a baby in ways...but that is probably how I view him because that's how I secretly want to keep him. Needing me and being so innocent. But now I'm not "Mama" anymore...I'm "Mommy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow...that is special....I love being called Mommy...Sometimes Elizabeth says Mom, and that just isn't right....yet, at least....But at least I know 99% is Mommy!
Its hard to believe that Patrick is the age of Matthew right now when you found out you were pregnant with him...Amazing how time flies..
Katie has been calling me "Mommy" for a while now, but that's what she always hears her sisters calling me. Emily calls me "Mom" alot, but Sarah mostly still calls me "Mommy."
Katie has also called me "Melodie" a few times before, but I quickly nipped that one in the bud.
Well Matthew has always called me Mommy but Patrick just always called me "Mama". It always seemed more baby...so that's why the change to Mommy made an impact!
Logan made the change to Mom not too long ago and it made me sad so I told him I only answer to Mama or Mommy. LOL
Post a Comment