Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Halfway Over...

So the week is about halfway over. Huh? Wow, those first few days went fast this week! We have been busy.

Tomorrow I have a follow up with my podiatrist & then we are heading to IKEA. It will be a long day but productive...I have a list of what I need and it will help me move along on the organization projects I have. IKEA always seems to have just what I need in that department!

Today was good - had a breakfast meeting with the woman whose volunteer position I am taking this fall. It was good to have the one on one time with her to go over a few things. Her 10 y/o daughter came & was WONDERFUL at keeping the boys occupied so we could talk! She seems to be a natural little Mommy! Then we had to run back to the mall so I could take a jacket I bought in - they forgot to remove the security tag! The woman in the store clearly deactivated it but it was still on so we took care of that. Then we had the rest of the day at home but I was doing things for Don's business - lots of paperwork, faxing, making calls, wrapping up new employee stuff. The boys played - I put Patrick down for a nap but he's really trying to give up those naps...he was awake in bed the whole time...quiet & content but no nap.

The boys & I made these amazing gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free chocolate cookies this evening that are TO DIE FOR. It only makes a small batch (fortunately for all of us) because they are loved by all! Then it was dinner, shower & bath time (Matthew has decided that "big" boys take showers so he's all about taking his nightly shower now! LOL!) and stories before bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, you HAVE to share your cookie recipe!!!! I'm jealous you are taking a road trip to Ikea! I can't wait until it opens in Tampa! Have fun!

Working Mama said...

I don't know if I can wait nearly a year for it to open here!

Debbie said...

Is Patrick taking a shower now and then? I know that when Elizabeth started showing interest, Jillian wanted to join her...I let her, at times and to be quite honest, when they both take a bath together, a shower is a heck of a lot easier to rinse all the soap off...LOL!

Cookies sound yummy! I agree, share the recipe!!!

Melodie said...

I showed Phil where they are building our new Ikea and now he's really excited about it. He said he didn't realize just how close to us it was. He thought we'd have to drive across town to get to it, but now that he knows it's only 15-20 minutes away, he's stoked.

BTW: Check your title.

jennifer said...

Once Evan became a "big boy" with the shower Trey just followed. I agree with Debbie that when Zane takes a shower with Evan it is soooo much easier for me.

Please share the cookie recipe. It sounds yummy.