Tomorrow marks the end of summer visitors for us...at least as far as we know. As much as we'll miss my sister-in-law, we need to regain some state of normalcy before school starts. Between vacations, weekend get-aways, busy summer schedules, visitors & losing track of time...bedtimes & mealtime schedules have taken a hit. This is ridiculous. Me having an emotional funk hasn't helped matters any. But we need a little bootcamp now to get back on track.
Starting tomorrow this Drill Sargeant will reinstitute the 7pm bedtime and will do her best to conform to meal times more in line with "school time" schedules. I need my evenings back again. They have been sucked into a black hole by cranky, unruly, fresh-mouthed children (particularly from a 5 y/o). I am tired of having to come down as "Mother From Hell" at 9:30pm and I guess I'm saying I'm ready for school to start.
Just shy of 17 days until school starts - that is both terrifying & exciting at the same time. I hope my psyche can take it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm working on a bootcamp effort as well, now that I have my house back to myself. It IS a necessary evil sometimes. LOL. Good luck!
I am starting to get some sort of routine back in our house this coming week.
Amen to the routine and "child free" evenings.
Post a Comment