My sister-in-law has been visiting the past few days (my brother's wife) & it has been great to have someone else here to help me move along, move forward. I have had a few things I wanted to do and she is great about giving that subtle push "well, we can do that" and the next thing I know ...poof...she has helped me recover the cushions & ottoman & arm pads on the glider in Patrick's room.....some pillows....reorganize some other things. It has been great. Cathy has known me since I was 9 y/o so there is no awkwardness, etc. I'll post some pics later - I wish I had taken a "before" pic of the glider - it was tan and grimy, stained, etc. (you can imagine) but now it's lookin' brand spankin' new in denim!
She is leaving tomorrow - to go to St. Pete & visit her best friend (who moved to FL in Dec) and stay with her the remainder of her trip and that is an adjustment. We've always had Cathy all to ourselves. We've both joked that it feels like we are divorced & we are sharing custody of her. I don't know her best friend all that well - she's super nice but we are just not used to sharing Cathy! So we are sad to see her go tomorrow but we think we'll meet up at Great Explorations in St Pete next week one day to see them both before Cathy leaves.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a glider that is badly in need of recovering. Would you be interested in doing it? I'd buy the material and pay you for your time of course! I just don't sew!
Post a Comment