1. First I got 2 unfinished round wooden plaques from JoAnn Fabric
2. I chose chipboard letters, paint & picked up a "bungee" style clothesline...it has the bounce & pull of bungee but not too thick.
3. I painted, sanded & distressed the wooden plaques.
4. I decided on wording & layout of the chipboard letters.
5. Hubby's input was on "how to hang" it - he highly recommended screwing it to the wall. He used 2 screws in each wooden plaque (1 on top & 1 on bottom) - he made screw holes in plaque first, let me do touch up paint & apply letters. He then also used heavy duty staples to attach clothesline to back of each plaque.
6. We put screws in and attached both plaques to the wall. I recommended hanging it on the high side - keep in mind you may have longer pieces of artwork and if you have many the line may sink a little.
7. Now we have a nice place to hang artwork (& hubby seems to think he can hang "to do" lists there too).
I found these great clips at the DickBlick website and you get a slew of them. But you can use clothes pins, office supply "jaw" clips, etc. Be creative.
1 comment:
Looks cute! Dh and I saw something at Ikea we liked. We just need to get it. Logan always has a ton of artwork and now Ian is getting more into it.
Post a Comment