Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend Getaway....A Week Late...

Here is the recap of our weekend getaway from last weekend. Thanks for being patient with my emotional funk.



Clydesdales all hitched up!


Set of Clyde & Seamore show.


Captivated audience!


A seal at Pacific Point Preserve - those sad eyes!!


Penguin Encounter


This isn't the most clear photo but I had to get one of that BIG baby King penguin! He's the brown fuzzy one nearly bigger than the rest!!


We had a good, but very tiring, weekend at Sea World & the Hilton Grand Vacations Resort. We have stayed there before - it is right next door to Sea World (there are 2 hotels across the street...not those...this is on the same street that you drive into the Sea World entrance). So we did a lot of walking because it is only .65 miles from our suite's door to the Sea World main entrance...but...multiply that times 4 for each day (one walk over & back to start the day and come back for nap & one walk over & back to go again later & come back) plus all the zig-zagging walking there. We had the BOB stroller for Patrick but since he was potty training I brought the little snap-on training potty seat & potty training supplies so I wore a backpack (BIG mistake). Let's just say my back hasn't been the same since!

We let the boys stay up late Friday & Saturday...really late, since we got them to either rest (Matthew) or nap (Patrick & Don)and we saw the nighttime Shamu show & the fireworks, etc. It was very cool & very memorable. It was also sooooo much cooler at night there and we didn't mind that one bit.


Matthew rode his first "real" roller coaster - the kids Shamu coaster, which in my opinion is a big step up from a lot of "little kids" coasters. It sure is bigger than the one at Novemberfest and the one at Busch Gardens. It was very cute and Don said he verbalized he was suddenly frightened when it was going up the big hill but that he thought it was "awesome" once they got down it. We also enjoyed the Sea Creature Carousel and Don & Matthew enjoyed the "tea cup"-like ride that I wouldn't be caught dead on (because, well...I'd literally die on it since I get such vertigo & motion sickness). I was a great observer though...if I don't say so myself.





We hung out at the resort all day Sunday - every other time we've gone we never padded enough time in to take advantage of all the things the resort had so this time we wanted to enjoy. There was still so much more but we got a nice taste and relaxed after all that walking & carrying.




1 comment:

Melodie said...

Great pictures! Looks like it was a fun weekend trip.