Well, to answer Julie's question...YES...I spent about 15 minutes (much less than I should have) working in my office last night & then dh & watched a movie! We watched "National Treasure 2" - I know we are not up to speed with current movies. Hey, that's pretty darn tootin' current for us! LOL. But I did achieve having some downtime! Yah!
As for today, well I am thrilled to report that I actually got about 2 hours of "me" time - it was still working in my office (gee, how big is this office since it's taking so much time? - it's not size, it's all the STUFF)but without interruptions or distraction. I can only begin to tell you how free-ing the experience has been. My office has been my dirty little secret. It is my "stuff-things-in-there-when-you-don't-know-where-to-stuff" place and that is hard for me to admit. It's where I hide all the holiday/birthday presents (if my kids find out, I blame YOU!). It's where I sort & store all the school artwork, records, blah-blah-blah. It's where I house my reference books and cameras and photographs and back-up cds & dvds. It's arts & crafts. It's scrapbook central. It's bill paying & records. It's a gazillion things in one place. But my mindmelt is so much improved. I got SO much done today & I found something that I am overjoyed to have found. Have you ever misplaced something really important just from shuffling papers in the wrong place? Something that made you ill to think about misplacing? Well I found that something today and I actually felt such a weight lift. It was a Thank You, Jesus" moment for sure!
So next time you're by, don't hesitate to ask to see my office. It'll keep my honest and encourage me to not let mindmelt happen again!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know that your office has been your room to perform multiple tasks, where you usually are not disturbed...But in saying that, those type of rooms seems to get overlooked and the place to hide things, where you can just shut the door...Then its just irritating because you want to straighten it out, but other things always get in the way. Congrats on tackling and accomplishing what you wanted to do...And for finding your missing item!
Yay! It feels great being clean and organized! I just love it. Unfortunately, my office is in the kitchen, so I have a lot of pressure to keep things picked up! Very hard now that I am starting a business!!
Post a Comment