Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Little Tired, A Little Stressed...

Nothing big to report. No exciting photos for today, sorry. I am just feeling (as previewed in title) a little tired and a little stressed. We just got home (at 4:10) from Matthew's speech therapy at USF. We had to be at VBS at 8:45, run two errands for dh, be away from the house the rest of the morning because we had a plumbing repair & needed to be out of the way. I had to pick up Matthew at noon, grab a quickie lunch for them and dash off to Tampa. We had about 40 minutes to kill so I ran them through a different part of MOSI today and then got to speech just in time. An hour + of speech and then drive back to Brandon with a little traffic. This is the 2nd time this week. I think this new speech clinic can be a good thing - it's good to get a different perspective, right? But it's a little stressful right now for me since we have spent 4 years with the same Speech Therapist and knew her style & she knew my child well. I am struggling with keeping my mouth shut initially to let this new therapist get her footing with Matthew because (sounding just like a child says about the other parent) "that's not how Ms. Laura does it!". I had a little stress outpouring in the car on the way home and kicked myself good reminding myself that this is a summer program, let's give it 100% and go with the flow. Change can be good. I just have to let go. It is hard for me sometimes. I have to remind myself to be open. Plus a good night's sleep may help - dh hasn't been sleeping well thus I have had awful nights of sleep x 3.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! How about a bubble bath and some sleepy time tea Andrea? Maybe that would help relax you tonight and you can get a good nights sleep! I have not been sleeping well either, but DH can seem to sleep through it all! Amazing!

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear about your general mood and stress...I can only imagine how you feel with being with one therapist for 4 years and switching to someone new...Yes, everything looks good on paper and USF is knows for all their different specialities, but how hard it is to adjust. Its funny that sometimes our kids adjust fine but us as parents, who know our kids the best, feel the sadness of certain changes....I hope the USF works out well for him and you continue to have the success you had with Laura...

And a busy day also....I agree with Julie, sleepy time tea after all the boys are sleeping and if you can't sleep, a good book. Treat yourself kindly tonight!!!

Working Mama said...

Thanks guys - just have one of those mini "pity parties" for myself apparently today. It's all good though - I can shake it off. I think just getting it off my chest helps!

jennifer said...

If it is any help. Me speech therapist is a graduate of the USF speech program and she raved about the quality of the program.