Yes, another night of not-so-great sleep. First I had a wheezing/coughing fit and then once I got to sleep I was awakened by that deep, rolling thunder at some time during the "wee" hours. I have this thing about not wanting to look at the clock if I wake up during the night. I have had it my whole adult life - if I see the time I start thinking about how little time I have left to sleep and that kills it for me. But that thunder sounded like it was directly over our house & for a few minutes I even questioned whether or not it was thunder "was it an explosion?" "Was it something being launched?". But after hearing more I was assured it was thunder. This is the second time this week for that deep rumbling thunder to wake me up - thankfully the kids slept through it both times!
Now for the rest of my not-so-great sleep. That wheezing fit. Yikes! I have been struggling with an periodic cough for almost a month. Truly just the here & there cough, although very deep & bronchial, but no other symptoms and feeling peachy fine. While we were on vacation it seemed to break up and was productive...I held off seeing a doctor only because I felt fine and it seemed to be moving along. But I had a few nights of this wheezing so I thought I should head off to the doctor today. I figured if they said "all clear" it was money well spent. He checked me out & ran a chest x-ray for good measure and said basically I was on the tail end of bronchitis (which is so weird because I have had bronchitis lots of times & had SO many other symptoms with it) but everything looked clear. He did recommend a Levapack though to wipe out what was remaining...I reluctantly took it so I can get some sleep!!!!
So please God, Mother Nature & the forces of modern medicine....please all work together tonight...no storm, no drama, no illness...just sleep...please. Pretty please.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! And get the MUCH NEEDED rest!!!
I had to ask Don if the noise was thunder because it was so loud and shook the house, lol. I hope you feel better soon and get some sleep tonight!
That thunder was crazy. I hope you feel better and get some sleep soon!
I couldn't sleep that night, but the noise keeping me up was not the thunder, but Emily in the bathroom. I went to bed early last night, and I still feel like I need more sleep.
Post a Comment