First, here it is...the tooth.
He was thrilled when the Tooth Fairy came during the night. He told me this morning "I made a wish & told the Tooth Fairy that she can bring me whatever she thinks is best". He received $3 & an Jamie McMurray(NASCAR) little car (matchbox sized). As he said "The Tooth Fairy must have known I needed to finish my Rousch-Fenway team!". Sadly, 7 months ago I wouldn't have known what that even meant!
Matthew also puffed out his chest and showed everyone in the parking lot, safety patrol and his class/teachers the BIG news & the gap. Everyone "oooh"ed & "aaahhh"ed of course, making his chest puff more.
After school, we went out for a special lunch in honor of Gap Day (his first gap from a missing tooth). Then today was the day he had his Curious George Science Party so that was a big thing. After I picked him up, we made a spontaneous trip to Toys R Us - I cannot remember the last time I went there with the kids. It is pretty much a place I go to Christmas/Birthday shop without kids only. Matthew's jaw almost dropped. I let him pick out something - well two somethings. One was a little Elliot Sadler car (Nascar again) and the other was this cool Make A Dinosaur kit. Yes, I know ...I overindulged but what the Heck! Plus I did make the statement several times that this was because it was his FIRST tooth and not the way we celebrate every tooth! We also planted the seed that the Tooth Fairy gives something special for the first tooth because it is the first. Hoping that works!!!!
4 comments:
I always think that baby teeth look like little chicklets. Remember that gum? Very cute.
It seems you may have been even more excited about this than Matthew, huh, Andrea?
Of course, it's a good thing you've got this record of it all, so when it gets to be Patrick's turn, you'll have an easy time remembering just what you did for Matthew.
Oh go ahead and spoil away the first tooth. I did!!
It's so special with the first tooth...I think I'm waiting just as much as Elizabeth to make it extra special.
Thanks for asking about the girls...Everyone is ok...I'll be posting a blog (hopefully) later. Elizabeth is doing ok with the medicine...she might get tired of yogart when I get done with her, but prevention is important...Nothing with Jillian's health, just behavior things...Its neverending here!
Post a Comment