Saturday, May 3, 2008

So Much For That Verdict...

We are off now to see the on-call docs for our pediatrician (Dr. Nadal is on call). Patrick was up from midnight on last night coughing horribly in that wheezy, gagging way and throwing up little bits of vomit & phlegm. I was really worried he'd go into respiratory distress so I just stayed with him & let him sleep on me in the glider..not much sleep for each of us though. I ran a steamy shower twice & just sat in the bathroom with him for a while. That's the only thing that seemed to give him some relief but when we came out, the cough came back.

Now that he's up he is certainly acting fine and the cough is less - more like it was Friday morning but I fear another night (or two) of the same...it seems to be laying down that makes it so hard for him. I really wonder about the long time they were listening to his chest at After Hours now...he sounded like bad croup last night but not this morning. I'm hoping he can get a breathing treatment or the shot they give for croup that relaxes the constricted vocal cords & throat. I will be interested to see what these Docs say.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope you get some definite answers...Poor guy, he can't go on like this...

Melodie said...

Poor Patrick. I had to take Katie to the doctor this morning, too.