No, it's not a combined thing...my sink isn't coughing.
Friday morning I told my hubby the sink faucet was loose - it was moving in its hole on the counter. His advice....don't "man-handle" it until I can get to it. Man-handle it? Are you kidding?
Well, of course, in perfect "man" style...he didn't "get to it" until Saturday after dinnertime. Hello??? Have we met? Hi, I'm common sense? Well clearly the fact the he started looking at it so late was an omen that it would be a big job. It was. After banging & grunting under the sink for an hour or so he realized the faucet was corroded in the thing-a-ma-jiggy that it connects to under the sink. (please excuse the technical jargon). So he hammered, he pulled, he wrenched, he sweated and he banged on it. Then he went to Home Depot. He bought a whole new faucet set - which was fine, ours was starting to look like it was 8 years old (which it is). He then continued to bang on do-hickies, gonk-u-laters & what-cha-ma-callits until after 11:30...by then I said I was calling it a night & recommended he do the same. Of course, I expected when I awoke I'd have a brand new faucet. Na-uh...woke up to it in same "partially done" condition.
Well, by early afternoon on Sunday I made some hints that I'd love it if this job were finished. Washing pots & grill pans in the laundry tub was one of my hints. Rinsing veggies in the bathroom was another. So around 2-ish he set in on it again. Apparently the new faucet set he bought has a handle that is more raised up then our old one & since we have a "lip" or edge on our bar top...well that new handle hit the bar top & wouldn't turn on. Oh brother. So after he literally tried to pull up the bar top/counter top to move it I mentioned that little common sense thing again - let's either "order a separate handle even if it takes a few days" or "return the whole set". Let's just say my hubby doesn't like to be beaten by a faucet. Nor does he like to pay for shipping. So he puttered in his shop - cursed under his breath, made another Home Depot run for parts & somehow customized the handle to work. I did get a good laugh because he told me that when I was outside cooking dinner on the grill, he was laying under the sink with both hands on part of the sink or tools and there was a big leak and all he could do was slide over & open his mouth under the leak until he fixed it! So by the time we actually ate dinner tonight the whole new faucet, handle, sprayer & new soap dispenser were in and working. I am thankful I got to actually clean up from dinner in the kitchen vs. the laundry sink or bathroom!
As far as that cough...I have apparently caught something. I suddenly had one of those deep coughs on Thursday - out of nowhere - the kind that burns when you cough. It's not a lot but it's one of those coughs you go "oh no" about. As of today I have a Stevie Nicks/Bob Dylan voice - minus the talent & sexiness of it. Just raspy, scratchy. Oh joy.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LMBO at Don drinking the leak!!
What can I say - some of 'dem dar collegic frat parties have paid off!!
Andrea
The sink story is classic, lol. Glad you don't have to wash your veggies in your bathroom anymore.
Post a Comment