Friday, May 16, 2008

On To The Weekend...

The week finally has starting wrapping up. I celebrated it being Friday with a Mammogram..I highly recommend it as a way to wrap up your week ;) - LOL! So that is done. My "necessary" appts are finishing for the year. Eye Exam - check. Annual GYN - check (except I have to go back in 3 months for a repeat now - ugh). Mammo - check. Still need to do my bloodwork for this year...will do that this summer.


I have a 5K walk tomorrow - not a race, just a walk for a good cause...that will be nice plus it is early before the heat of the day is upon us. I am thankful though that I do not have to take the boys with me - Patrick was very fussy this afternoon and out of sorts, I've done 5Ks with a fussy baby (i.e. Matthew as a baby) & that is not something I want to repeat. Plus since I sold my double stroller last September, Matthew would have had to walk and let's just say somedays he can complain with the best of them!


Other than that we have a "fairy" relaxing weekend planned. I cleaned the house today and caught up laundry last night, so that is done. My father-in-law is still visiting and I hope we can get some pool time in - our pool was 92 today & that's without heating it!!! It's SUMMER in Florida for sure! Matthew is going to a movie party with his teacher & some other Nativity students tomorrow at Fishhawk from 1-4 so how fun is that? It is a special treat that was earned! I may sneak out for a pedicure...but shhhh, don't tell! I am volunteering in the nursery at mass on Sunday - it is my turn (a group of us volunteer one time per month each) so I will go to 7:00 mass on my own and then volunteer at the nursery for 8:30 mass and Don will take the boys to 8:30 mass & we'll meet up afterwards.

Oh, this was cute - Matthew & I were talking & joking and he said I had to "pay" to kiss him. Well I said "I'm all out of money". He said "really?"...so I said "oh yes!". After Don put Matthew to bed, he told me Matthew said "I want to go buy Mommy Starbucks this weekend & then buy her something else...she's all out of money you know." That child is just too darn cute. And clearly SO literal!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aww, that's too cute that Matthew wanted to help fund your starbucks. Looks like you've got a busy weekend planned. I hope you can fit in that pedicure (maybe you can hit up matthew for some cash for that, LOL)!

Melodie said...

Obviously, Matthew knows what is most important to you - Starbucks! And if you can't afford to buy it, then he'll just have to buy it for you.

Melodie said...

Oh, and if he's charging for kisses, does this mean we have a future gigolo on our hands?