Saturday, May 17, 2008

Highs & Lows of Saturday...

We have packed a lot into today and it's not even over yet! It has been a day of highs & lows. Highs: I walked a 5K with my friend in a lovely venue - the zoo! It was fun to see the zoo before it opened to the public...all the animals were SO active! The light rain was actually a nice way to cool off also! Hubby told me that Matthew has been doing so well in karate that the owner recommended he move up to the higher rank belt class even though he has not tested for his purple belt yet - the next class up will just be more challenging for him. That is nice to hear! He has been in an "all ages" class for 8 or 9 months (age 5 - adult) but most of those in the Saturday class are yellow & orange belts and he's a green belt. I also hear Patrick was very well behaved & quiet while at Matthew's karate class - and that is sometimes hard for a 2 year old!

The Lows: I am dragging...so tired. Late morning I started having a crampy stomach & diarrhea (so lovely) and feeling really cruddy right now. Could be a bug or just something I ate...we'll see. The real low was hearing that Don's business partner & his wife just lost a pregnancy yesterday - she was 11 weeks along. They had not told anyone, even us, that they were even pregnant. She has suffered with infertility the same as I have and we have both had a few miscarriages so we truly feel their pain & devastation. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for them, I sure would appreciate it.

Matthew is at his movie party - I dropped him off at 1:00 to the caring hands of 3 Nativity teachers who are hosting the private movie party in Fishhawk. I had a good intentions of getting a pedicure during this time but now with the stomach issues I am bagging that idea...I can just see me having to get out of the chair 2 or 3 times during the pedi..not pretty. I'll have to wait until vacation for a professional one & settle for "home done" for now!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Andrea, needless to say, I am so sorry to hear the news regarding the pregnancy...I know how thrilled he was when he was having his first child, I can't even imagine how they are feeling now...I will keep them in my prayers

Working Mama said...

Thanks, Debbie. Yes, very difficult for them. Thanks for the prayers.

Melodie said...

I hope you feel better soon.