Saturday, May 17, 2008

Annoying...

Can I just say how annoyed I am at my husband? I picked up Matthew from his movie party and we got home around 4:15. About 4:45 hubby says he is going to Home Depot - "should I go now or later" (meaning how will it time with dinner) so I told him "go now, but stay on target". That was our only conversation about the trip to HD. So 5:05 he hadn't left - he was upstairs printing the line up for the Nascar race for Matthew - with Matthew in tow. The next thing I know my father-in-law has his hat on & is carrying his jacket. "Are you going also?" I ask - yep. Don says "bye" and that was that. About 15 minutes ago I ask Patrick what Matthew is doing....Patrick says "Matthew not here". "What?". So I look all over the house - start yelling for Matthew in case he's "hiding". Then I call hubby - "did you take Matthew with you?". "Yes" he says.."I TOLD you I was taking him". Huh? When was that? We had ONE conversation about going to HD and it did not involve Matthew. I was cutting broccoli so not like I was engrossed in reading and not listening. Matthew did not even say good-bye to me - if they were leaving together Hubby would say "tell Mommy good-bye" and he did not. I was so angry & annoyed. O.k., I feel better after getting that off my chest but I swear there is no way he told me. Grrrr.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

You want to talk about annoying? Just wait until you read my next blog post, and you'll see how annoyed I am with my hubby. I'm going to go write it now.

Kandee said...

I had a moment like that. Dh was watching all three kids while I took a shower...I came out and no one was in the house...very quiet and eerie...I panicked...looking for Sean, and called dh and he was going to the store with all three.