Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eating Me Out Of House & Home...

I don't know if it's just the age.....a major growth spurt.....a tape worm????? But my 5 y/o is eating me out of house & home. Is this what I have to look forward in the teen years x 50??? As an example...today his breakfast was 3 hard boiled eggs, 2 slices of toast & almond milk. Water & a nice fiber-filled flaxseed, carrot & apple muffin for snack at school. Water & crackers for an after school snack. Lunch was sunflower seed butter & fruit spread sandwich, papaya and a rice milk/protein smoothie with carrot sticks. Less than an hour later he was coming to me telling me how hungry he was! I gave in to a snack at 3:30 but cut him off after that telling him to had to wait until dinner for anything else. For dinner we are having salmon burgers, green beans, brown rice and salad. Let's see how soon after he's hungry again!

The little one isn't too far behind....although he's not savvy enough to know to ask for additional food unless he sees big brother asking for it!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

It's only going to get worse. You're growing two little men there. Just wait until they start bringing their hungry friends home with them from high school.

Debbie said...

You are not alone. Jillian has always been a "constant" eater. But I remember thinking the same thing the first 1/2 of the school year with Elizabeth. It seems that she needed something every 1-1/2 to 2 hours....He's probably just growing and with school, just so busy and active....I think that Mom's should have stock in grocery stores....

Karen said...

I feel your pain!

Karlise said...

Im going thru it too! It's getting time to make room for a freezer! It's amazing to me how much food Ian can put away and still keep asking for more! He's so skinny! Then again, he rarely stops moving.