Wednesday, May 14, 2008

15 Days & Counting...

I am SO excited - 15 days & counting until we leave for our beach vacation! 11 days of relaxing seaside, no where to be, no schedule to keep, no email to check (well, that could be more like rapid detox than fun). Woohoo! I am SO excited. I can almost taste the salt air & hear the pelicans that always fly right past our patio there.


The other excitement is that we found out there will be a scheduled launch of a space shuttle and a rocket during the time we are there. The Space Shuttle Discovery is scheduled to launch May 31 so even if there is delay (which there often is!), we have plenty of time for it to be rescheduled and still see it! We are only about 10-ish miles from the Kennedy Space Center so we don't even have to drive to a viewing location - we will be in the best viewing location - the beach with no high rises!!!! Matthew is beside himself - we are planning to go to the Kennedy Space Center anyway because it has been a while & I have science lovers on my hands...I thought of getting tickets for the launch but truly, we'll be better off on the beach...you don't get that close with tickets & we'd have to be in traffic, park, etc.


But I am getting our beach things ready....going over my packing lists....checking my supplies....super duper excited!!!! Did I mention I am excited!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

How exciting that will be...I'm sure all 4 of you can use relaxing family time together....And the shuttle, how perfect that will be. Matthew will be besides himself....As probably all of you will be...

Holly said...

Can I go too??? :)