I have to plug this local bakery company, Sami's Bakery. Have you heard of them or seen their products? I LOVE them! They are the only bakery of its kind in the Tampa area. They specialize in really healthy breads & bakery items for the sensitive or allergic population. Even if you aren't "sensitive or allergic" and you want a healthier product...try them! Everything is preservative free and no ingredients you can't pronounce!
Here's their link http://www.samisbakery.com/index.asp
We are doing a wheat-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free (& you might say "taste-free"! LOL) dietary protocol for a while and their Millet & Flax bread is fantastic. The boys love it as toast (I do too!) and today I had their flatbread as well with Hummus...yum! They have pizza crust that is yeast-free, gluten-free, wheat-free and lots of other yummies! Try them! Let's support the little local guy!
As a side note: The actual bakery is in Tampa but I have purchased their fresh products from Wild Oats & Chuck's here in Brandon. I might just have to see if they'd do a field trip! Also, we are not so strict but just in case you are...they use no gluten/wheat/yeast but they are not a dedicated gluten/wheat/yeast free plant.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a neat bakery. Unfortunately, we won't be having anything like that for a while. I didn't see egg bread as one of their products, lol.
TAG! See my blog post for further instruction! ;)
I'll have to check them out. I've been looking for an alternative to wheat flour and letting the girls have some sort of "bread".
Post a Comment