Friday, April 18, 2008

7 Facts

I've been tagged. My friend, Scarlett, tagged me. I have to list 7 weird, unusual, or little known facts about me. Then I have to tag 7 people - the rules are listed below...so if you are a "tagge" (i.e., someone who's been tagged) please follow them!


The Rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here it goes....



Fact 1:
I am officially the OLDEST person in my Mom's group. Yep, that's me. One person (who shall remain nameless to protect her dignity) is only a few months younger...but for the most part I have 7-12 years on most of these ladies. I am not worried about my age but sometimes it is a bit of a "gulp" when I hear people's birth years! Some "could" be my children...it IS physically possible!


Fact 2:
I am technically a Baroness. Clearly, this title means nothing...my home is my castle (ha ha). But my paternal grandfather was a Baron in Germany - he was taken away and killed by the Gestapo prior to WWII and my father inherited that title. My father spent 8 years in a Russian prison camp during & after WWII and since his family assumed he was dead, all the land, family money & estate were lost when his mother remarried. Since I am his biological daughter, I inherited the title too. So for the records I am an actual Baroness. And no, I can't pass it on...only males can pass on that title...it dies with me.


Fact 3:
My first job was filling the salad bar for Arby's restaurant. I had to clean the counter around the salad bar and the "snot glass" which is the "offical" Arby's term for the clear plastic shield that you had to reach under to get your salad components...thus, shielding your snot when you sneezed. Yum!


Fact 4:
I have been to a gay bar (men's)...having done this I assume there are lesbian bars because I don't recall seeing many women.....but I digress. I have been asked for the name of my lipstick shade by a man at the bar.


Fact 5:
I have gone "underdipping", which is the step between swimming & skinny-dipping, as a teenager with a bunch of friends (male & female).


Fact 6:
I have had to back our foreign rental car out of 2 foot deep cow manure while my husband, wading in the manure, pushed from the front.


Fact 7:
I have an inherited droopy left eyelid & eyebrow. My eyebrows are different heights...you can tell when I wear glasses, which is most of the time. My glasses look crooked. My mother had it and so did my grandmother.
Now for those tagged:



You're it!
I am sorry, I don't seem to be savvy enough to get links to actually work "in" my blogs so here are there names. And sorry, I don't know any more people who have a blog that haven't been tagged already, so it's only 6!

Karen
Kandee
Wendy
Melodie
Debbie
Todd

No comments: