Well I had another follow up with my podiatrist today - what to report??? Nada...it "is" improving but still tender at the joint when she presses on it so we are continuing the same course. Some disappointment there - I was really hoping she'd say "wow, it's improved a lot!" but not as much as I guess I thought it had. Have to continue strapping the joint down to stabilize and keep taking my mega-anti inflamms and see her again in 3 more weeks. She said at this point if the tenderness doesn't completely resolve by next visit she wants me to possibly see a PT. Really? Oh come on! What is a PT going to do for my 2nd toe that I can't do? A special exercise? Massage? Ice? For a toe??? Maybe I'm being ignorant and PT will work wonders but somehow I'm not sold.
I am happy to report that I wore heels (2" or just under) 10 days ago for the auction gala and the next day I was not hobbled or in excruciating pain - heck, the fact I could even walk in heels with the pressure it puts on the ball of my foot was a miracle! So I do see that as improvement. Of course, STILL no running allowed.
Another positive point is that I found, by accident, that Mondays are their slow day. This means I only waited about 20 minutes in the waiting room (vs. the 1 hour I have waited every other time) to be seen! Why no one told me this before seeing I was lugging small children with me is a mystery...but now I know. I will be going on Mondays from now on. I was in, seen & out in under 40 minutes - that is a miracle for that office....as sad as that is!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment