You know you have a 2 year old with an older sibling when this is part of his vocabulary:
a.) "DAT'S MINE!"
b.) "I TROW APPLE AT YOUUUU!" (I don't ask)
c.) "NO, NO, NO TOUCH MEEEE"
d.) "I BITE YOU!"
Now lately, my 5 year old has been quizzing me on his vast & constantly expanding knowledge of Nascar. I mean, does anyone remember Dustin Hoffman's character in Rain Man? Seriously, sometimes it feels like I'm living with him. Matthew has a head for numbers and detail. He has been quizzing me in the car on the Nascar drivers. He expects me to pull out the answer by 1.) car number 2.) car make 3.) sponsor (both major sponsor and minor sponsors) 4.) where they rank and sometimes just for grins he'll give me the drivers' name and expect me to pull up all the previous list of info from their name. My head is whirling and I have to admit all those times when he was younger and I "played" dumb...pretending I didn't know the answer to an obvious question (like the "what's this shape" game)...I greatly regret. I think they were all leading up to this. Don's business partner asked Matthew something about Nascar and the fact that he quizzes me came up - when he asked Matthew how I was doing Matthew just rolled his eyes & made this expression. He thinks I'm an idiot! No, he didn't say it but he can't comprehend how I don't remember. He clearly has no idea how little the post-menopausal mother's brain can hold!
I swear, if that child starts counting toothpicks I'm outta here!
You realize the younger one will be doing the same to me in the not too distant future too, right? I plan to play no "dumb Mommy" games with him just to be safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are not alone... I have heard all 4 of those comments from Isaac (or something very close, along the same lines) and Hayden is to dinosaurs what Matthew is to Nascar - he knows the dinosaurs' names, what they ate, what period they lived in, and what dinosaurs preyed upon them. I am clueless.
Post a Comment