Spring has sprung! Well, in the Florida winters, spring is eternally "springing" & then "un-springing". Our climate can play games with the plants (and with us) but we are having that beautiful "I love to live in Florida" weather that I wait for all year.
My garden is looking amazing despite me neglecting it some (o.k., more than some!) the past two months. I was taking some pictures for my Moms Club photo contest and the colors in the garden are just amazing. 11 of my 12 rose bushes in the "rose garden" section of the yard are in full bloom, my herbs are going bonkers growing, my gardenias are budding, the lemon tree is producing beautifully fragrant flowers while still producing great lemons, the jasmine is scenting the mornings. Life is good in the garden.
Our plans for a "Dinosaur Garden" addition to the backyard are blooming too. While my sister-in-law & neice visited last week we brainstormed and came up with some ideas. My neice is a very creative elementary school teacher and used to teach preschool and did a lot of dinosaur units. We hope to have that addition to the garden completed in the next month. Stay tuned for updates!
I am also itching to do spring cleaning. Now "itching" and finding my motivation are two very different things. I hope to merge those two things into one and actually move forward. We'll see how that goes!
Matthew is on Spring Break from school this week. Not much has happened so far but we hope to have some exciting things on his vacation schedule as the week progresses!
Happy Spring!
5 comments:
Beautiful!
Andrea, your yard is my "Happy Place"!
Remember Happy Gilmore?
Really pretty Andrea. I love the english feel to the garden. Great pictures.
So beautiful!
Andrea, that is so beautiful! That is what I would like to see when I walk up to my house. Instead, I see weeds and a palm tree, lol. I need serious help.
I love your pictures. So nice... Maybe I'll actually have flowers one day! ;)
Post a Comment