Sunday, March 2, 2008

How do you spell fun..S-U-G-A-R!



Well, nothing like a good ol' "sugared up" party to end your weekend on a high note. We had our BAM Annual Easter Hunt & Peck Party today and I sent the kids home high on sugar to their happy families! LOL!








We always give the little ones (3 & under) a head start hunting for eggs so the bigger ones don't use their highly sophisticated egg-honing radar to eradicate the eggs before the little ones can say "huh?". Well I will tell you...other than "my" little one, who seemed so enthralled at the discovery of candy inside the first 2 eggs that he didn't need to hunt any more...well, those "other" little ones are pretty dern savvy. I don't think we need to give them much head start anymore (other than "really" little ones like the "just turning 1's")...they had NO problem finding those eggs!



The kids were all SO great and SO well-behaved. We really have a great bunch of kids - no major drama or incidents, everyone got along and had fun. Even the parents got to mingle, visit, chit-chat.



We skipped a few of our "traditons" this year - no "special" egg, no prizes, no live bunny photo ops...I did consider using Saturn & Pluto (our Guinea Pigs) but since the bunny ears I stapled on them fell off...I thought they'd be a sorry replacement for a real bunny. But we may re-visit these traditions in future years or start new ones! It was also our first year having the party on a weekend! It was nice because with everyone's different school, preschool, nap, work, etc. schedules we would have had a lot more people miss it if we did this on a weekday. So yippee and thanks to everyone who was willing to give up their Sunday afternoon for a little hippity-hoppity!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

As much as Katie was loving playing with the empty eggs at home, I thought she'd do better at the hunt, but she still needed a lot of guidance. Hopefully, she'll do better next year.

Thanks for a great party, Andrea!

Holly said...

We LOVED the party! Fun, Fun,Fun!!!
Thanks for being the best hostess!