Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jurassic Park?

Today Matthew had a great idea. He saw it in a book & suddenly said "Mommy, my dinosaurs are tired of living in an indoor world...they want an outside world". What the heck was he talking about???? Then he showed me this cute layout in a book for a "Dinosaur Garden" and I thought that is a GREAT idea...how fun.




So after I dropped him off at school, Patrick & I headed up to Home Depot (where we were going anyway) and went on a prehistoric plant adventure!

After school & lunch, we got right to our gardening. Matthew made a big point of how the book said "no parental supervision needed"...of course he pronounced it "supervizin" and assured me "I" was wrong when I corrected him. LOL! He did do it with little to no "supervizin"! Would you like to see how it went? Sure you would!















Quite a jurassic experience! The dinosaurs seem to like it but they have been mysteriously tight-lipped with "thank you's".....we'll give them some time to settle in. The boys loved it and now we are planning our next dinosaur garden - one that is permanently outside in the landscape! We'll be sure to keep you updated! And if those snooty dinosaurs can't manage a "thank you" they won't be invited into our BIG dinosaur garden!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

That's cool! You've got quite the bright little boy there!

Heather said...

Aww, that's too cute! Matthew is so smart, and it's so awesome that you encourage his creativity!

jennifer said...

What a great idea. What book is it from...tell all!

Scarlett said...

Oh, I've got to show Hayden this!!! He'll want to do it too! Too cute!