I am coasting along this week.
On one hand, that sounds nice...breeze in my face, happy la-la-la moment, not a care in the world and not a lot of effort.
On the other hand, isn't that the exact moment in a movie when a big garbage truck comes out and runs the heroine over? Splat! Unexpected yet expected because it was going too well.
Not that I'm trying to tempt out the inevitable problems that will arise but......
I overslept yesterday because I had one of the worst night's sleep ever - I woke up at 7:00 and we have to leave the house at 7:25. I still had sleeping children, me in bedclothes, no school snack....somehow I got up, washed (thank you pre-bed shower!), dressed, got the boys up-dressed-fed, packed the snack and got us to school perfectly on time. Not "just making it"...PERFECTLY on-time. No, I'm not THAT good...if that wasn't divine intervention!! So coasted through that.
Diverted a few good potential meltdowns in my house. Coasted along.
Had nice alone time with hubby...no obstacles.
Got to take a nap today - what IS that? Coasting, coasting.
maybe I am just not appreciating a good week. Maybe I don't know a "good week" when it hits me? I am not dismissing it but I am recognizing that the universe needs the yin with the yang to be stable. I am waiting for my yin to hit the fan I guess!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL Andrea. I love the "yin to hit the fan" comment!
Yay for a good week! Enjoy it while it lasts! I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum this week - I am ALL OVER the place. Maybe I'll have one like yours next week??? Please, God!
I'm having the bad that you are missing out on. That's not to say that things are terribly wrong, but this illness is just making everything that I have to do WAY more difficult. And getting up in the morning after coughing ALL NIGHT LONG is nearly impossible.
Post a Comment