Well our weekend has been going by quickly and nothing exciting to report...but, it has been a productive one. I have worked on those projects that usually get "back burnered".
I cleaned out, purged & re-organized the boys' bathroom closet. You have no idea how many partially full bottles of sunblock, body/hair wash, saline we had in there! Not to mention the MILLION little bath toys - I pitched 90% of them (don't tell Matthew). We just seemed to have accumulated them and really, how many stinkin' squirty toys do we need? Clearly at one time we needed 48, because I swear that's how many there were. But they are gone now. I pared it down to the things they use regularly and they'll never miss what's gone.
Today dh brought the two items he painted back in the house now that they are fully dried. Remember that old vanity top I was trying to find a home for at Christmas? Well we kept the bottom of it and it was the perfect size to be a desk for Matthew. It has a center drawer and all. So dh painted it and changed out the knobs and we moved it in today. He also repainted a sofa table that had a granite top and that looks snazzy back in the family room too. Of course taking something out for a few weeks enabled me to decide to move a few things around too - wink! So that led to cleaning some base boards that had been hidden & were yucky, etc.
I weeded out our magazines, did a bunch of laundry, we hung the round mirror in my closet and now I am procrastinating cleaning out my office. I will work on that while Don & Matthew watch the Kobalt Tools 400 race when he gets back from Costco! Oh, that is one exciting thing we did. I took Matthew up to Lowe's after karate to see Carl Edwards' actual race car. Matthew saw the ad at Lowe's a few weeks ago and literally "marked" his calendar and dogged me all week to take him. So we went there and he "oohed" and "aahhed" over the race car! LOL!
So we are starting the week off with some much needed projects done (I vow to get my office cleaned by tonight!) and I will feel like I'm not in the hole so much!
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment