
Sharing a Kiss

Valentine Brothers
Today is Valentine's Day - yippee, right? I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. There, I've said it. I'm not a negative person or trying to be a downer but I do feel that largely people feel compelled to give something on Valentine's Day because of the marketed holiday vs. just wanting to express something. I could go either way - do something or don't do something....it's just not a big deal holiday for me. My hubby is very loving and expresses it everyday and then sometimes, out of the blue, on some average day of the year...he does something very spontaneous and for no reason - like flowers, a gift, a card, surprise. To me, THAT is my Valentine's Day. I do buy Valentine's Day cards - I'm not a Scrooge about it or a conspiracy theorist saying it's all Hallmark behind it! LOL! It's just not a big thing for me. I feel bad for the dating crowd though because all of the pressue they must feel and what the way they celebrate Valentine's Day says about the status of their relationship - yikes! You couldn't pay me enough to be back in the dating scene again!!!!!
Matthew had a Valentine's Day party at school and each child decorated a shoe box and they all delivered their cards to each person's shoe box (mail box)...it was too cute. Oh the innocence of this age. The boys have their matching Valentine's Day shirts on and are all ready to head down to Grandma & Grandpa's for a mini beach getaway this afternoon.
We wish all our friends a wonderful day - whether or not you celebrate Valentine's Day!!!
3 comments:
Gorgeous pics!
Awww, those pictures are too cute!
Those shirts are adorable...so are the kids wearing them!
Post a Comment