Thursday, February 7, 2008

The History of Hair (mine)


"Mullets & Big Hair" Early me...funny, I never even realized I had a mullet!!!


The "Long" years


The "Short & Curly" years


The "Clinton" years (A.K.A..."Decade of the Bob")


The "I Don't Really Know What To Do Anymore So I'll Just Hover Here" years


So I am scheduled to go for a cut and color tomorrow.  I am giving the new stylist one more go - the short version (if that is possible for me...) is that I have been seeing my old guy, Randy, for about 3 years and ever since he left Divine Design for his own place he isn't as spectacular as he was.  Huh?  How can that be?  I don't get that.  Someone tried to say "oh, maybe it's the products he's using."  No.  You don't go from "TA DA!" to "oh....nice" overnight.  My hunch is that somehow he just doesn't care as much, as sad as that is to say, now that no one is looking over his shoulder.  For Pete's sake, it is YOUR OWN business - you are only robbing yourself!  Ooops, I was supposed to give the "short" version.  Well, my friend recommended her walking partner's stylist and her walking partner, Sherri, always looks great - great color, great cut.  But when I went to the new place, somehow we weren't speaking the same language.  I don't know how we got from darker low-lights to dark semi-perm color.  It is largely my fault because I've always had excellent luck with stylists and have been with them for years and can say (truly have the trust to say it) "you know what looks best, you decide".  I didn't exactly say that to her but I believe I said "sure I like it darker, let's try it" and that translated into Elvira, Mistress of the Night.  Well, it's not that bad now....but it was really, REALLY dark the first week.  O.k., well I am going to give her another try.  The cut was fine, the technique was good on the color and what she said would happen, did happen...so she knows what she's doing but just doesn't know me and that's not her fault.  So anyway, I thought it would be fun to revisit some hairstyles of mine from days of old.  Nothing like embarrasing myself and having it plastered on the internet for all time.  I should have you all sign a waiver, because if anyone gets hurt from falling off their chair due to laughing too hard...I am not responsible.  It was the 80's.....and the 90's.....well and a little of the 00's and my hair had a mind of its own.  These are ACTUAL photographs, most of them PRE-digital camera so forgive me for the quality...I had to scan them....painstakingly scan them.  I obviously must really need to purge this subject from my psyche since it took me a few hours to scan these (with technical difficulties and all) and I didn't give up!  Click on the pictures to see them larger - if you dare!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karlise said...

FYI you can click on them to make them bigger.

You look so different! I love all the different styles. Very cool blog Andrea!

Melodie said...

You've just proven that no matter how you do your hair, you're always beautiful.