We have returned from our mini-beach getaway visiting Grandpa & Grandma. It was a nice little visit but as always, good to get home. I am so happy though that I see a really sweet relationship developing between the boys, especially Matthew, and his Grandpa & Grandma Joan. I had very little relationship with either Grandmother as a child - my maternal Grandmother died when I was 6 and had been fairly ill prior to that so she wasn't able to be very active. My paternal Grandmother lived in Germany and spoke no English - we only visited a few times and it was difficult with the language barrier and she only visited us one or two times...so perhaps 4 or 5 visits with her in my childhood and she passed awy when I was about 12 or 13 I believe. Both my Grandfathers were already dead when I was born. So I find it very sweet, this relationship that is blooming between the boys and their Grandparents. Their other Grandmother - Don's Mom, isn't able to be as involved and we just have not seen her as much but we hope to have her down for a visit this spring and I am sure the boys will enjoy getting to know her too.
Matthew had his first sleepover - in Grandpa & Grandma's motor home! What a big deal it was - he couldn't have been more overjoyed or felt more special. It was all he could do to contain himself and start packing his own bag at the hotel so Daddy could drive him over to the motor home. He was so cute and I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see him there. Patrick enjoyed a little extra one-on-one time at the hotel with me as a result and then enjoyed a nice night's sleep!
The beach was wonderful....as always. Serene, relaxing, calm, rejuvenating, happy. That's just how it makes me feel. It's like a massage and yoga all wrapped up in sand & sun. I love the beach. We all seem to love it. Now we can't wait until our regular beach trip on the other coast in May and again in August - it is nice to look forward to!
2 comments:
Awww, looks like you had a wonderful time. Beautiful pictures!
I'm jealous! The beach looked wonderful!
Any your little beach bums are the cutest!
Post a Comment