I often find myself translating for my toddler (as most all Mothers can relate) and so I thought I'd compile a bit of Patrick's vocabulary and the meaning for the next time you encounter us and wonder "WHAT did he just say?"
HO (noun): meaning quadruple hoofed large animal often found on farms or at rodeos. Example: "Hey Ho!" ("Hi Horse!")....is not a derogatory phrase towards females!
SEET HO (request): means "sit down and play horses with me"
SEET BOOOOK (request): means "sit down and read me this book"
HAA (verb): meaning to assist or aide...help. Example: "Haa, Haa, Haa" while trying to put on his shoes. Generally said over & over again until someone comes to "Haa"
DAWW (noun): meaning dolphin, dog, duck and sometimes the verb "down". Also often said over & over for emphasis
JAFF (noun): meaning tall, long-necked spotted African animal often seen at the zoo.
JAFF GOGO (noun): meaning Jeff Gordon, Matthew's favorite Nascar driver.
TA-TA (noun): Thomas the Tank Engine
GOOGO (noun): sweet treat often found in round shapes and often having chocolate chips - sold by Girl Scouts everywhere!
AT-N-ODE (noun): Asteroid - as taught to him by big brother who is very into space
TEE (noun): Plant that consists of trunk and branches - generally green, leafy and found in yards, parks and forests
MUN (noun): Seen in our night sky....moon. Example: "Ni-Ni Mun" (night-night moon)
MO (noun): white liquid that is produced by dairy cows and consumed in a sippy cup
AHWA (noun): comes from the faucet. fish swim in it. makes the sand sticky at the beach. drink of choice in my house.
AY-YA-U (expression of affection): "I Love You"
WAH (verb): clear statement of desire to be independent...i.e. walk. Often said when parent tries to strap toddler into stroller.
BRU-BRU (term of endearment): what Patrick calls Matthew
PAP-PAP (proper noun): what Patrick calls himself
FA-FRA (noun): a red truck that races to fires
BUH (noun): the wheels on it go "round and round"....i.e. bus
BUR (noun): winged animals that nest in trees....i.e. bird
AH-PUL (noun): apple or banana....if he asks for this and I say "do you want an apple?" sometimes I get "yes"...sometimes I have to ask "do you mean banana?" and sometimes that is a "yes"
GAPES (noun): green or red seedless...little yummies on a cluster
GO (direction, request, statement): it still means "go" but it may also mean "get your rear in gear"...."I want to go over there"...."let's go outside"...."push this stroller and stop shopping"
AH-OO-AY (alternative good-bye): as in "AH-OO-AY, DADA"..."Have a good day, Daddy"
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so cute! I'll have to compile I list of Katie's words, too.
This also reminds me of my high school Trigonometry class. We had an intern with a really strong southern accent and some of the guys in the class made a similar dictionary of the things he said. It was hilarious! Even the intern got a kick out of it.
Awww, too cute. I remember those days with Tyler. I love the dictionary you created. I wish I had a momento like that of Tyler's earlier vocab!
Post a Comment