Tuesday, February 5, 2008

10 Things I'd Do If I Had 10 Million Dollars

Well thanks, Julie, it's not like I had anything else to dwell on in my day, but.....here goes!

1. Buy out the houses on both sides of us and behind us and tear down their homes and hire a Landscape Architect to design and plant 1) a tropical-take on a Zen garden with thick bamboo, huge boulders and river rock paths 2) an huge organic herb & vegetable garden 3) and finish my pond and add a bridge over it.

2. Hire someone (like your Cabin Steward on a cruise ship) to do whatever you need around the house ("Hugo, can you please cut a path through the bamboo today so the children and I can take a hike?" "Hugo, can you bring us breakfast in bed please?")...I have no idea why his name is Hugo.

3. Take the family on a trip to the Galapagos to see the giant tortoises and where Darwin did so many of his studies.

4. Buy a vacation home on the beach and another in the mountains

5. Buy an Appaloosa and learn to ride much better. Plus have our own stable somewhere with someone to tend to it.

6. Build Don a big workshop on the back corner of our property with it's own entrance and include in it a full bathroom that can be hosed down with a drain in the middle of the floor, a big LCD t.v. behind protective glass so he can enjoy the game while he's cutting wood without worry of damaging it. Plus a little golf cart so he can drive from the shop to the house. This also means I'd be taking back the 3.5 car garage for, guess what...CARS!

7. Set Don's Mother up in a small house with a GOOD live-in nurse so we never have to worry if she's taken her meds or eaten, etc. Buy Don's Father & his wife a place in Florida so they never have to choose between keeping their house in New Jersey or buying one here.

8. Help fund a project to protect an endangered species - I guess we'll have to see what is most endangered when this money comes through!

9. Go on a crazy shopping spree to Pottery Barn, Coach, J.Jill, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Ann Taylor, and about 20 shoes stores.

10. Build an incredible home gym and hire a full time personal trainer.

That's it - not asking for much, am I? Well...a girl can dream!

3 comments:

Heather said...

LOL. I love the Hugo comments!

Karen said...

Wouldn't we all love to have a spare bathroom for the men to use that we could just hose down, lol.

Working Mama said...

Scary thing is that it didn't take me nearly as long to come up with this "wish" list as I would have imagined! Andrea