Restless Hubby had a plan, E-I-E-I-O
Give my husband some downtime.....a little stress......an upcoming holiday or event. And what do you get?
A project!
Having him rolling around the homestead because we have no clients at present makes my husband squirm. He is not the "relaxing" type. Free time is no fun to him. He likes to stay busy. Plus I think it gives him the emotional lift he needs during these tough economical times.
So what project is he doing? Can we say "projects"...with an "S". I wish I had before pictures but since these were his spontaneous "what can I fix" plans, I didn't get that chance. LOL!
Let's see.
He (along with one of his day laborers) dismantled all the apparatus off the playset (the swings, slide, rock wall, etc.) and deep cleaned it & are re-staining the wood.
They ripped up the stepping stones in the backyard & made a wider path, lined it with weed resistant fabric, edged it & re-set the stepping stones in pea gravel. These are not "stones" that I call stepping stones but concrete footprints my husband has been making of the boys since Matthew was 1 year old. Some are footprints, some are handprints but all are cherished. So the path looks awesome.
He ripped out the wall in the pool bath to change a full length window to just a high window (so you can be naked in that bathroom without blinds on the window & anyone peeking!). The new window is in & the wall drywalled. Then a "while I'm at it" moment happened. He accidentally knocked 4 bullnose tile off the wall and they smashed. He doesn't have any more and matching can be a challenge. He decided he is going to chip out part of the floor to make the shower floor bigger. We have one of those "step down" edges and it is a rather narrow shower. Then we are going to put in a glass shower door vs. the curtains. We also need to put new tile in since it is going to get broken. Fortunately being a builder, he has most of these items already in his shop....we sure couldn't afford to "remodel" right now otherwise! So we'll "shop" in his shop. We do already own a vessel sink (which we've had for um...2 years?) and a wall mounted faucet for that bathroom. So we'll see how far this project goes. It would be great if it all got done but I'm a realist nowadays...but there is work going on for sure.
I'm trying to limit him to those tasks right now...that way hopefully they will get completed in a timely manner! I'll post some pictures soon. I am thankful we have no more company or parties in the next two weeks!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, you are lucky! My DH gets stressed and he sleeps. Not productive at all. LOL.
Hope Matthew feels better soon!
Wow! I wish Phil was that productive. He has ideas, but no motivation.
Post a Comment